Listary 6 Beta šŸŽ‰

ā€œfyā€ donā€™t support http proxy? In proxy network, fy has no any result.
BaiduShurufa_2019-1-7_10-38-51

Not supported yet.

There is an Menu item ā€œQuick accessā€ which is ::{679f85cb-0220-4080-b29b-5540cc05aab6}
I would like to rename it but even the new name is accepted its always displayed
as Quick access.

Hi, v6 its looking awesome and cleaner.

With the last update (6019) I cant no longer exclude entire drives from the Index.
I have my files in D:
I exclude C: from index
Apply > Rebuild Index
If I enter the options again C: is still indexed.

I did not understand your questionā€¦

Here?

Yes, I can!

Hi, the display name is from Windows itself (same as shown in Explorer). Changing it is not supported at the moment.

Hi, can you upload a screenshot of your index setting?

Note that itā€™s not recommended to remove C:\ from index. After doing that, you wonā€™t be able to use Listary to search and open apps.

Hi,

After opening an Explorer window, you should be able to type directly to use Listary to search. Please check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yo-Asib2Sg

This video explains how Quick Switch works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9-OtRVeUw

(Videos are for Listary 5. The UI has changed a lot, but steps are still the same.)

After this Screen I Apply. Wait the reindexing process. Ok to close.
When I open the Options again everything is allowed again.

It works fine in the previous version.

Thanks for the information. Iā€™ll test and fix it.

@Channing. See attached log file, although Iā€™m not sure this is the same failure. Going ahead and reporting it.ListaryLog.txt (1.0 MB)

I did download the .9 beta when it popped up and ran without logging. Everything ran faster again and it did end up crashing. This log is with logging enabled on the .9 beta. Will continue to log to see if I can exactly replicated the issue where Listary hangs.

Very weirdā€¦

Iā€™ve used a lot these features in Listary 5.

But it was not working in beta until today.

Now Itā€™s ok.

Tks

@Channing, got another file for you.

ListaryLog 180108 10a.txt (1.1 MB)

Todd

Hey,

In Listary 5 I used to be able to copy file path directly from windows explorer, this doesnā€™t seem to work anymore unless I search for the file within the listary search box, hopefully this is just an oversight ā€“ i use this quite a lot.

Thanks. Iā€™ll fix the crash. Did the start menu freeze happen again?

No worries, itā€™ll be available soon.

No, the start menu freeze doesnā€™t seem to happen when logging. Iā€™ve stopped logging for the time being hoping that the logs I sent you were actually the problem but that they threw the error dialog instead of freezing. Iā€™ll run until it freezes again and then start logging again.

@Channing, finally captured the freeze while logging. Please see the attached log.

ListaryLog 180109.txt (47.4 KB)

Todd

Hi @channing,

Iā€™ve noticed that indexing slows down for custom network drives containing subfolders without access permission. If you choose a short update cycle, say 5 minutes, Listary 6.0.1.9 (on Win 10) is busy indexing most of the time.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s really a permission issue thatā€™s causing the problem, but the Listary log file is full of messages like the following when indexing is slowing down:

2019-01-07 16:13:49.446 [41][Warn] [?] Error indexing inner folder Q:\TrƤnketechnik\Verwaltung System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "Q:\TrƤnketechnik\Verwaltung" wurde verweigert.
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFileSystemInfos()
   bei ?.?(String ?, ? ?, UInt32& ?, UInt32 ?)

By the way, do you plan to also add instant update / update cycles < 1 min for network drives?

PS Listary 6 has a great look and feel already and is really well-organised (the new options menu is supernice!). The new features and possibilities will definitely take Listary to a next level! :grinning:

Hi,

Iā€™ve already fixed the custom index issue. Please wait for the new release.

Thatā€™s definitely the goal. You can expect it in a later version.