Listary 4 beta bug report & feature request

I cannot find the option to turn off find-as-you-type in the new beta (1029). If it is turned off, is there a hot key, if it is turned off, that will popup the find-as-you-type pane? Or a keystroke (much like “>” for Everything)?

@randy
Please go to Listary - Options - By Window Type, select a window type and then uncheck “Find as you type”.

You can always use the hot key to start searching.

Yup – there that disable-find-as-you-type option is. Thanks.

Is it possible to have Listary work with Nuance Paperport 14 Pro

@tourmaline
i have a request. Can't you make the shortcuts work outside and inside explorer? LIke ctrl+alt+c for the c drive?
I personally prefer not to take so many hot keys. In future versions you will always be able to use the main hot key (Win + W) to activate Listary (a bigger version of the toolbar will show up in the middle of your screen), and then type part of the folder name (or use a local hot key) to jump to a favorite folder.
I also can't find the feature to change the icons for favourite folders etc. Or is this feature comming later?
It's coming soon.
Also the latest portable version has a problem with the search feature in windows 8 pro.
It's a hot key conflict. Win + W is already taken by Windows 8, please change it manually in Listary Options - Hotkeys.
The best version thus far is the installer version 4.00.1021
What??? Where do you get the installer version of 4.00.1021? I remember I haven't built it yet...

Hi Channing,

no you can’t. Win+ w is reserved in windows 8 pro for metro “search settings”.

Complete list of win+ key shortcuts:

Win+C: Open charms
Win+Q: Search charm
Win+H: Share charm
Win+K: Devices charm
Win+I: Settings charm
Search
Win+Q: Search apps
(tip: an even easier way to search apps is to just begin typing from the start screen)
Win+W: Search settings
Win+F: Search files
Windows 8 Apps
Win+Z: Get to app options
Win+.: Snap app to the left
Win+Shift+.: Snap app to the right
Ctrl+Tab: Cycle through app history
Alt+F4: Close an app
Desktop
Win+D: Open Desktop
Win+,: Peek at desktop
Win+B: Back to desktop
Other
Win+X: Open system utility settings menu
Win+PrntScrn: Take screenshot and save to Pictures
Win+Tab: Open switch list
Win+T: Preview open windows in taskbar
Win+U: Open Ease of Access Center
Ctrl+ESC: Start screen
Win+Enter: Open Windows Narrator

@gjbth
I’ll take a look at Paperport.

@tourmaline

Seems only a few hot keys are left for Listary. Any suggestions?

I’m thinking about the following ones:
Win + S
Win + Y
Win + O
Ctrl + Shift + Space

When I chose one of the search everything options (Below the choices of matches in my folder), that choice opens in windows explorer rather than my my default explorer.

In other words:
When I open something in Everything, it opens in my default file explorer; when I open something in listary, which is using everything, it opens in windows explorer.

I figured out that I had to change something in the options

@channing:
the latest update fixed the problem with the old favourites, thx.

I have a new issue though:
I use listary on two computers (desktop + laptop). Both systems are nearly identical on the software side: Win7 64bit, Dopus etc.
I have a mapped drive Z:\ on both computers (via subst) where all my workstuff is located. I share the same listary cfg on both computers.

On the laptop listary works fine, all pathes located on z:\ are working fine.
On the desktop computer all z:\ pathes open with a delay when I open them via the listary Icon in the taskbar and do not work at all in all file requesters.

I forgot to mention that in listary there is a small warning sign in front of all of those favs.

P.S. it worked in listary3 before without a problem

@channing
The latest listary portable beta1029a does not search within the current folder of Q-dir.
1025a did.

1025a:

1029a:

I haven’t noticed that problem being reported (sorry if it’s a dupe): mouse wheel scroll of favourites list doesn’t work (works in 3.5).

Feature Request
Could you provide an option to change the background color of the toolbar? It is sometimes hard to pick out. Especially when it pops up on top of XYplorer. And, at least on my monitor, the ‘List’ and ‘Path’ bars in the search results is difficult to see.

Thanks,

@tourmaline

Seems only a few hot keys are left for Listary. Any suggestions?

I’m thinking about the following ones:
Win + S
Win + Y
Win + O
Ctrl + Shift + Space

Seems fine to me.

Since we have to learn new hot key’s for windows 8 pro anyway, we can also learn the new ones for Listary at the same time.

@tank
Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it.

@Xyn
The fix is coming soon.

@chodorowicz
Haven’t added this yet. It’s coming.

@kodyman
Colors and fonts will be configurable in future versions.

Shortcut “Win + Alt + W”, doing great on Win 8. At least one hand can handle and no need to memorize new ones.

1. It seems there is no contradiction with existing portable Everything running. So Listary 4 beta can be run together with Everything? Do they each have different .db data? Or I can just ditch the portable Everything?

2. It is possible to add “double click” on empty space to go upward in Windows Explorer for Win 8. It is more efficient when you have “Win+Alt+W” for Listary working in Windows Explorer and " double Click" go up as the same function in XYplorer.

Thanks so much for the great update.

No contradiction? You NEED to have Everything running (either portable or installed) to enable the use of it’s features inside Listary.

Hi Channing, desperately missing the submenu feature in favorites …
When will it be available?
Cheers
Robert