Listary 4 beta bug report & feature request

@tank
It should be loaded automatically. Please let me know if it failed.

hmm, does not work for me.
German Win7 64bit with Dopus. My “old” listary version is 3.51.776 Pro, non portable.
When I start the new beta I do not have my saved favs.

@tank
I’ll check it. Could you please try to exit the beta version, delete the UserData folder (in the beta folder), and then start the beta again?

@channing:

did that without any success. This is the content of my UserData folder after the restart:

Name Größe Typ Geändert Attribute

History.sqlite 5 KB SQLITE-Datei Heute 18:01 -a—
Preferences.json 49 Bytes JSON-Datei Heute 18:00 -a—

Hi, I’d been using the ‘installer’ version. When I switched over to the portable beta version, my favourites were empty. So I set them up again - no big deal really. But I wondered if there was a way to copy favourites etc between installer and portable versions. Thanks, Nod.

Hmm, the beta version was supposed to load your old settings and favorites automatically, but this feature doesn’t seem to work. I’m looking into this.

when I edit the Application name in favoeirtes,it quit listary and open an windows like this.
chinese meaning :“0x00477a1c” 指令引用 的“0x000000004”内存.The memory could not be “written”

@luancgy
Thank you very much for your feedback.

The crash has been fixed now, please wait for the next release.

Hi Channing,

i have a request. Can’t you make the shortcuts work outside and inside explorer? LIke ctrl+alt+c for the c drive?

This makes more sense to me then only shortcuts working in explorer. This way you can explore the c drive immediatly within your desktop. Or any other drive for that matter. Listary suppose to make it fast to explore the drives and files, so this makes more sense to me. Shortcut within the desktop that loads the drive of your choice.

I also can’t find the feature to change the icons for favourite folders etc. Or is this feature comming later?

I am running windows 8 pro now and the listary beta is pretty stable. I am running the first install version, not the latest mobile beta!

Hi, I’d been using the ‘installer’ version. When I switched over to the portable beta version, my favourites were empty. So I set them up again - no big deal really. But I wondered if there was a way to copy favourites etc between installer and portable versions. Thanks, Nod.

Same here, favourites were gone.

Also the latest portable version has a problem with the search feature in windows 8 pro.

The best version thus far is the installer version 4.00.1021

@tourmaline

i have a request. Can't you make the shortcuts work outside and inside explorer? LIke ctrl+alt+c for the c drive?
I personally prefer not to take so many hot keys. In future versions you will always be able to use the main hot key (Win + W) to activate Listary (a bigger version of the toolbar will show up in the middle of your screen), and then type part of the folder name (or use a local hot key) to jump to a favorite folder.
I also can't find the feature to change the icons for favourite folders etc. Or is this feature comming later?
It's coming soon.
Also the latest portable version has a problem with the search feature in windows 8 pro.
It's a hot key conflict. Win + W is already taken by Windows 8, please change it manually in Listary Options - Hotkeys.
The best version thus far is the installer version 4.00.1021
What??? Where do you get the installer version of 4.00.1021? I remember I haven't built it yet...

My mistake, it was the first beta release…the version that runs best on my machine is still version 4.00.2021

Thanks for your comments.

I am looking forward to the final version!
This tool is allready becomming an indispencable tool in my arsenal!

My popup menu in Explorer has so many items I cannot see them all, though it does have move up/down arrows. Is it possible that there could be an option that this menu is full screen height? For me, it appears to be around half screen height currently. I’m using v4.00.1021. Nod.

@Noddy330
I may add the old Display options tab back so you can configure the appearance (including height and width) of the popup menu.

I add Everything-1.2.1.371.exe to favorite,but when search it can not show the file.
if I add Everything.txt this ok, the file can list in the result.

@Noddy330 I may add the old Display options tab back so you can configure the appearance (including height and width) of the popup menu.
That would be a good solution for me. thanks. Nod

@luancgy
Sorry that executable files (Launch Application) are not included in search results in the current beta version.

@luancgy Sorry that executable files (Launch Application) are not included in search results in the current beta version.
It's meaning only "Everything-1.2.1.371.exe " not included in search results? because aimp3.exe and tm.exe are can show in the result.

@luancgy
If you add aimp3.exe as Favorite Document, it will be included in search results. But if it was added as Launch Application, you can’t search it.

Thank you!