6.3.0 beta is Live — New File Search Window, Updated File Search Engine, New User Documentation

Download link: https://www.listary.com/download/beta/Listary.exe

V6.3.0.45

Main Updates

• New: File Search Window

• Larger Search Window, More Search Results

No longer limited to only displaying 9 results per page, the new design uses smaller fonts and a larger window, allowing you to see more search results at a glance.
      Also, no longer limited to displaying just 50 search results—now you can view millions of files with smooth scrolling.
    • Seamless Connection from Launcher to File Search Window

You can easily switch between the launcher and the file search window! Specifically, after entering your search term in the launcher, simply click the button in the top-right corner to transfer the query to the newly opened file search window.
    • Support for Multiple Search Windows, Hotkey Launching

You can open multiple Listary file search windows at once. This way, you can search for multiple different files without having to close the search window.
      To make operations more convenient, the search window also supports launching via Hotkeys. You can customize this in the “Options” to better suit your usage habits.
    • More Features are Under Development…

Filters, saved search, search history, previews, and other features are in development. If you have other ideas, feel free to share them with us. We will consider your opinions carefully and share our development roadmap.
  • Update: File Search Engine

• Faster and More Stable File Search Engine
      Our development team rewrote a new search engine based on Rust, improving performance by 20%-100%, while using less memory in most scenarios.
    • Multiple Search-Related Bugs Fixed
      All past bugs related to the search engine have been resolved, such as not being able to find files, inability to ignore all files in multi-layer folders, etc.
  • New: User Documentation

We have written user docs based on Version 6. You can view it at help.listary.com.

• Update: Rounded Corners for the Launcher Interface

Other Updates

• New: WPS integration
  • Improvement: Enhanced Reliability for Saving Configuration Files

V6.3.0.46

fixed several bugs in v6.3.0.45.

V6.3.0.51 (2023.10.03)

• New: Add right-click menu support in File Search Window
  • New: Add path search support back to the new search engine
  • Improved: Optimize file search speed
  • Fixed: Fix support for WPS Sheets, Slides, PDF
  • Fixed: Fix other bugs of the new search engine
5 Likes

Unfortunately, the new search windows does not close with the ESC key.

2 Likes

“Type directly to search” is not working/not available in xplorer2 or xyplorer.

2 Likes

Direct typing in XYplorer goes to the Live filter box
This is an important function of XY which can’t be and should not be changed by Listary.

Every user customizes the option he/she needs, as they see fit.
Everyone has different approaches.

u can enable/disable the option, as u see fit.

1 Like

We’ll consider supporting ESC in the file search window.

2 Likes

Something is wrong with the new search engine.
Look at this and tell me the reason for the match outside of d:
That’s only one example, drive letters are completely ignored.
I have already done a Rebuild Index.
Screenshot - 03.09.2023 , 18_49_43

1 Like

Path matching is not yet supported by the new engine.

I just updated to 6.3.0.45 but I can’t activate the new search window. When I type some text in the explorer, it pops up the old search window and it still shows only 9 items and not the number of matches at the bottom left of the window like in the screenshot. How do I activate it, so that it automatically displays this window when I start a search, please?

After entering your search term in the launcher, simply click the button in the top-right corner to transfer the query to the newly opened file search window.

To make operations more convenient, the search window also supports launching via Hotkeys. You can customize this in the “Options” to better suit your usage habits.

same here. Type directly to search not working in xyplorer or even in vanilla file explorer

Sorry, I don’t see a button on the top right and clicking on the icon on the lower right doesn’t work as well. It would be great if there was a setting letting us
make this bigger window the default search window instead of the limited smaller one, here is a video of what I see when I search using this beta version.

Search as you type works fine with Windows Explorer.
Do you have the necessary option set ?

Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.2215)
Listary Pro 6.3.0.45

The file search window does not support syntax, commands, and filter searches, which is not very convenient

Hope to optimize it

It’s actually v6.3.0.46 Beta.

Here it does all of this.

Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.2215)
Listary Pro 6.3.0.46

v6.3.0.46 fixed several bugs in v6.3.0.45.

yes, the option is enabled but it doesn’t work for me with this version of Listary (tried file explorer, xyplorer, dopus)
gif screengrab where I type a repeatedly
ss_20230905_Listary_0oswpCYlpF

The button is in the Launcher, which can be launched by pressing Ctrl twice.