Unable to launch .lnk's

Hi,

I’m brand new to Listary and purchased Pro today. My installation of Listary does not seem able to launch applications from their .LNKs.

For example, Ctrl-Ctrl -> Listary Opens -> Type in Notepad -> First result goes to the Programs/Accessories/Notepad.lnk -> Hit Enter -> Listary Closes -> Notepad does not open.

However if I search explicitly for notepad.EXE then it opens fine. This is consistent across all .lnk’s as far as I can tell.

I don’t know if this is user error or something else, any help appreciated.

Running:
Windows 10 Pro x64 Fall Creator’s Update
Listary Pro 5.00.2843

Thank you

Same environment and versions here with no problems.
.lnk can be started as expected.

Hi, if you press Win+R to open the Run dialog and paste a .lnk path there, can it be opened correctly?

Hi Channing, thanks for looking at this.

Oddly enough if I give the Run dialog a path to a .lnk it opens just fine.

For example, the following correctly launches Notepad:

C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Notepad.lnk

I am somewhat mystified what could be causing this.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it.

I too have had this issue, but only after updating Windows 10 to Fall Creator’s Update.

Hello. Was there any resolution to this issue. I just downloaded and installed Listary on my Windows10 box and I cannot launch any .lnk with it. The .exe’s launch fine. I am running it as administrator. The .lnk files launch fine with windows runner and other launcher type applications (like Launchy and Executor).

I am working with Windows 10 Pro with Listary version 5.00.2843. Thanks.

And why don’t you try it with the actual Listary beta ?
For me there is no problem executing .lnk files with it

Hi, please give Listary 6 beta a try: Listary 6 Beta 🎉

Also make sure you’re not running Listary as admin.