Listary 6 Beta šŸŽ‰

screenshot of his profile @channing

16 hoursā€¦really dead?

i sent him a message lets see if i have an answer

Maybe this will be useful for those who are looking for the Listaryā€™s developer and want to contact him:

Thatā€™s all, I donā€™t have your home address or your phone number, sorry. :smile:

2 Likes

thanks for allā€¦but dont put his email like thatā€¦not very nice for him !

Okay, itā€™s gone, I hope you wrote it down. :sweat_smile: Although I donā€™t understand why it would bother him if everyone wants to know what happened to him.

u know it can be used for spam
so u can write like tha ā€œdfdsfsd @ dsjkjfsd _ comā€ :slight_smile:

Oh yes, youā€™re right. You know?, I even managed to get Bopsoftā€™s business phone and zip code, I was thinking of putting them on the list but I thought that was enough. LOL :sweat_smile:

Can we have a portable version of v6 betas?
Iā€™ve always been using portable version of v5 and thereā€™s a problem: a lot of files like ā€œhistory v2.sqliteā€ are locked while Listaryā€™s running and canā€™t be synced by onedrive.

hi Diego_F

were you able to make contact over the phone.
Emails seems hopeless.

I am not crazy to make a long distance call to China, if you want to call here you can see some information from Bopsoft.

Previously there was a portable version that could be downloaded from here but they removed it and now the download link redirects to the Listary home page.

So doing a web search I found the portable version of the latest version of Listary (6.0.5.16) Just go to this page, scroll down to ā€œDownload 6.0.5.16 Beta Portableā€, click on the link that appears there, a new window opens and choose the DropAPK FileHost, on that server you can download the portable version.

I hope the file can be useful for you

TBH I donā€™t understand how Windows already does not ship with a utility that functions like Listary. Itā€™s so well thought out. It is one of the first pieces of software I install on any PC I use. Like you said, Windows is garbage without Listary

I have found a launcher that seems very good, it is ChaseApp and not only looks for files on your PC like any other launcher, it also has integration with cloud services and is cross-platform. Just check it out.

yes seem niceā€¦but u cant find local files like listaryā€¦so its useless for most of usā€¦
and he cant check email on outlookā€¦only gmailā€¦:confused:

but seem nice for pro users

I canā€™t say anything about ChaseApp because I couldnā€™t get authentication when I tried to log in with my Google and Microsoft account, but I can say that ChaseApp is a cloud file browser as it has integration with many services.

And for me that I use services like Slack, Github, Gitlab, Notion and some others I can say that ChaseApp is a good complement to Listary, since Listary serves for the search of files on PC and ChaseApp for the search of files in the cloud.

shame that development has stalled. in the meantime found another alternative, though it does not have all the features Listary has.

1 Like

You forgot to indicate the Fluent Search website.

It looks like a good launcher, and its developer is a software engineer at Microsoft. And it is downloadable from the Windows Store. The development of Listary has stalled and in the meantime new launchers are appearing.

What does not make us abandon Listary is its seamless integration with Windows Explorer dialog windows, but I am convinced that if Channing no longer supports Listary, another developer will come along with a superior launcher.

3 Likes

yes Fluent Search is really super powerful, but i guess that the integration of windows explorer is one of the BEST feature of listary, what do u think ?

for now i never seen any app with this integration !
i will try to send a message to the dev of fluent search :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey everyone,

wow ^^ what a great discovery u did with this fluent search !! its amazing !! so so so powerful !!
i contacted the dev, and he already replied me twice
he is really willing to update his app, and to add some feature!
i talked to him about this listary feature and i will try to implement !

Fluent Search - Search for running applications and browser tabs
contact us => to send him some feed back :slight_smile:

i think we have find the new listary app !

4 Likes

Iā€™ll keep an eye on it. I canā€™t live without listaryā€™s explorer shortcuts and drag n drop

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried it, but Quick Access Popup enables using a hotkey to set a file dialog box to the current directory: [Can I change folders in file dialog boxes: Can I change folders in file dialog boxes (Open, Save As, etc.)?