Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2334)

Awesome feature! Seems to not work for project keywords though. Would be nice if it would :smile:

Good work !!

Sure. I’ll add it.

1 Like

3 problems / questions:

Weird behavior of selecting files in XYplorer (latest beta):

In the folder of Listary there are many api-ms-win-… files

When I invoke Listary with CTRL+CTRL and type "api"
it doesn’t select the first api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll file but instead
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll

Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Go to e.g. the folder of Listary
CTRL+CTRL
Enter "api"
ESC
Enter "…“
Yes, the " Up One Level” item get’s selected in Listary but at the same time the selection changed from
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
to
cnmatch.bin

The selection should NOT change when “…” is used

Is there no way to change the font size of the typing field in Listary?

1. Listary re-sorts the results by relevance.
  2. That’s because “cnmatch.bin” was the best match when you typed the first “.” and Listary selected it automatically. Listary worked as expected here.
  3. Not yet, but it may be added in a future version.

Hey, Channing, I am using Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2134) and shotcuts like Win+B/T/X are activating Listary search bar. Is this by design? (I don’t think so.)

I have an AutoHotkey’s script running with:

~LWin Up:: return
All it does is make LWin do nothing if used alone.
Maybe this is causing some interference with Listary?

@BlueCloud @Channing

Love the idea of and allowing us to scroll through Listary history…
Excellent idea!

2 Likes

Index Advisor

Listary obviously has a range (upper and lower bound) for what it’s designed to Index. My system must be indexing too much as searching for snip to open the Snipping Tool shortcut is taking more than 6 seconds. Perhaps the s or sn of my index is over burdened?

Ideally you can teak the listary algorithm so that it’s more robust and would never take so long to return any result (especially in launcher mode). If that’s not an option, at least you we could get some way to visually see at least some part of the listary index so that we know which sections we should remove to get the speed required.

Disabling “Press Ctrl twice…” solves the Win key + AutoHotkey problem - at least temporarily, lets wait for a definitive fix.

It doesnt popup randomly for me, but once i invoke the toolbar, it doesnt go away if i press somewhere else…and like you said, it wont go away until i focus on it & press escape!

Thanks for considering it! Let me know once implemented. I can test it.

Bug Report:

B1. Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+O is not working for me! While in the File Open dialog boxes, I understand that it is supposed to navigate & select the file I would have selected in a Windows Explorer (or XYplorer for instance). But it isnt working in both WIndows Explorer as well as XYPlorer!

B2. I cant seem to clear the index properly. Even after using the setting to “Force Rebuild Index”, there is neither an acknowledgement that it did work, nor is it reflected in the search results. My old non-existing search results show up even after rebuilding the index, many with the exclamatory mark icon next to them! Either I am doing something wrong or this is a bug :smile:

Feature Request:

I feel the Listary toolbar is more mouse oriented, as I have to always hover over the icons to open the dropdown menus or press a preset (by me) keyboard shortcut for a specific menu. For instance, I have to press Ctrl+Ctrl to open the toolbar, then press Ctrl+Shift+F (my shortcut) to open Favorites. This is a little too many keyboard presses I think, if you consider the other similar shortcuts one has to use to open other menus!

Also, while in one menu, I cant seem to navigate to others easily. Can you please make it tab based instead? So that, i can press Tab after double-Ctrl to open the first menu, another tab opens the next dropdown, etc.,? Same way Shift+Tab can also work backwards. (this may have a side effect on keyword autocomplete feature…plz check though)

Is fuzzy matching enabled manually in Listary Options - General?

I can confirm this and will look into it soon.

They should be history search results. Go to Listary Options - History to remove them.

The menus are designed for mouse. If you prefer keyboard, you can:

1. Search for a favorite folder name to open it.
  2. Go to Listary Options - Keywords - Folder to set keywords for the folders you use most frequently.
1 Like

I’m using FreeCommander XE (Build 685 32-bit public) and I found that if (in FC) I disable ‘Show Command line’ (under View | DOS prompt), Listary will no longer jump to the desired location.

Listary uses the command line to change folders.

Hi :smile:

Couple of things I’ve noticed in this new 5 beta:

Sometimes when I jump to a folder that’s in the current directory, it takes forever to load (this is using windows explorer). I don’t know if I can duplicate it, but I think it only happens if that folder is in the current directory.

I get files and folders that I don’t want more often with this new beta. I know that is too vague, but it’s what I’ve experienced. One example is that it will often give me options in another computer user’s documents before my own documents.

Also, I often just want to open a certain folder. Is there a way to toggle searching just folders?

**I also have a suggestion: **
When searching files, could we get an option to easily jump to the nth choice? Maybe alt+#
So if I typed “test.txt” and it listed
1 desktop/test.txt
2 desktop/this is a test.txt

6 documents/test.txt

and I wanted the 6th option, I could just do alt+6 instead of pressing the down key 5 times.

There is a related fix. Hopefully this issue can be also resolved.

Result sorting will be significantly improved in the next few versions.

This one is on the plan.

Thanks. What about the first problem B1, where Ctrl+O isnt working? Is it only for me? or for everyone?