Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2334)

Thanks for the update. I almost started thinking it won’t be released.

I found some problems.

• Open some folder in Windows Explorer, type cmd, press enter. Cmd window pops out in the Listary’s folder in Program Files, whereas it should be started in the current folder.
  • Custom commands are executed in Listary’s folder in Program Files. Is it possible to create custom command so that it would start in current folder?

Hello Channing,

many thank for the new Listary 5 Version.

When Listary is running:

Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V do not work correct with DOpus.
Examples:

F2 to Rename
Ctrl+C to Copy the Name in Clipbaord
Editor -> Ctrl+V to Paste the Name

Ctrl+C on a file
Ctrl+V to Copy (Duplicate) the file

I use the Shortkey win + - to open the Listary Symbolbar, when i pressing win + - to open the Listary Symbolbar the Miracast Dialog in Windows 10 was open additionally. (Project to a connected Screen)

In Listary 4 there was a hotkey to run an Application, in Listary 5 i don’t found a hotkey to run a Application, can you please add a Hotkey to run an Application in Listary 5?

Thank You

Sorry for my bad Englisch

Greetings
wazlaf

Sorry I can’t reproduce this. What’s the “current folder” path? Does this happen to all folders?

I’ll fix this one soon.

Sorry I can’t reproduce this bug. Please check the following places if you’ve set Ctrl+C as a hotkey in Listary accidentally:

• Options - Hotkeys
  • Options - Actions
  • Options - Menus

I can confirm this. I will look into it soon.

It’s been merged with the main hotkey. You can use the main hotkey (or double-ctrl) directly.

What’s the “current folder” path?

C:\ for example.

PS. Windows 10 x64

Hello Channing,

thank you for your answer.

Sorry I can’t reproduce this bug. Please check the following places if you’ve set Ctrl+C as a >hotkey in Listary accidentally:
•Options - Hotkeys
•Options - Actions
•Options - Menus

I will do this soon and give you a answer.

I found the mistake.
In Options - Actions was the Hotkey Strg+C for Copy activated. Now it will works.
Thank you.

It’s been merged with the main hotkey. You can use the main hotkey (or double-ctrl)
directly.

I know but it is possible to create a extra Hotkey for this Feature.

Many Thanks

Greetings
wazlaf

Hello Channing,

one Question please. When I use the Device Manager to Change a Driver for a Device, Listary will open it own Search. How can i disable this.

I attached a screenshot to illustrate

Many Thanks

Greetings
wazlaf

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look into this.

Hello Channing,

when i use

•New: Press Ctrl twice to show/hide Listary. Very very handy!

too Show Listary in DOpus or Windows Explorer

Listary was open, but when i use Ctrl twice again Listary will Change his postion and size.

After ctrl twice Listary will be hide.

First Ctrl twice

Second Ctrl twice

Third Ctrl twich
Listary will be hide

Greetings
wazlaf

This is by design. The second time you press Ctrl twice, Listary switches to launcher mode.

Nice. I like that beta :smile:

Some suggestions:
In ABC Keywords, Web tab: It would be nice if I could choose the web browser the keyword is starting with.
Is there a way to add custom columns into the search result? so that I for example add the “Date modified” column and can sort quickly for the newest file on top?
I miss (simple) regex in the search field

What I especially like:

• mkdir - verrry cool
  • the Custom tab in ABC Keywords… especially the checkbox “Run as administrator”
  • error reporting :wink:

Dan

I understand this as feature to launch apps, for example, from inside Directory Opus, without having to press Ctrl twice to open it, then Ctrl twice to change to launcher. It could be useful to have a hotkey again to open straight to launcher. What do you think?

Thanks

Hello Channing,

Thank’s for your answer

If I had on (two) wish,

• can you please use a extra hotkey for launcher mode
  • and with the first time i press ctrl Listary will open and with the second time i press ctrl listary will be hide

Many thanks

Greetings
wazlaf

Do you want to set a browser for all web sites or set a different browser for every site?

Not yet :frowning:

It’s not complex to add regex support. Which prefix do you prefer to activate regex in current search?

When you want to hide Listary, just press Esc.

Discuss this topic here.

Continuing the discussion from Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2133):

I myself am using IE for work, Chrome for another company and Firefox for personal stuff. So, yes, it would be nice to enter several webbrowsers in a list of predefined browsers and then, per ABC Keyword select either the default or one of the predefined browsers.

Perhaps one day would be cool. :smile:

Hmm… with simple regex I really meant the standard stuff, more like wildcards in CMD shell. Like

Document*.doc
*Hello*.*
Report ???.xls

…and so on. I do not think that a prefix should be needed for this.

If you want to implement actual regexp in addition to the wildcards functions above, that would be cool, though. On the other hand, I would assume that not many average users would grasp regexp (including me, I only use very basic regexp on linux shells)
Anyway, if we stay with simple regexp, you might want to consider / as the prefix and postfix. This is done this way with linux sed(1) commands, for example. Or since it would be a subset of regexp, you would probably not implement character classes. Thus the character “:” (colon) might be a good prefix too. Of course it would have to be a colon on the very first position of the search line, otherwise it might collide with the “keyword:” syntax…

:^sto       would find "stopit.doc", but not "History.doc"
/^sto*/     is the same as above in sed syntax, I think

Daniel

Just a minor thought
Would be nice if the Batch add feature would show the current commands in the batch add format in the edit window, i.e. when I select an option “show current commands” in the Batch Add window.
That way I could copy the content and paste it to another computer where I have Listary installed as well and Batch Add open…

A question to Menus in the beta.
In Options - Menus - Toolbar, I see the following structure:

Favorite
Menu: Total Commander Directory Menu
Menu: Favorite
Menu: Application Favorite
Recent
Menu:Recent
Commands
Menu:Commands

I assume the Toolbar is in the search window on the right side (the 3 …) when I start Listary in launch mode.
When I click the Favorite Menu in the launch box, I see no entry (since my Favorite menu is still empty). So far so good…

Now, what are the two entries
Menu: Total Commander Directory Menu
Menu: Application Favorite

I do not see those Menus anywhere. I do not have Total Commander installed as well.
What are those two menus for?

I’ll add wildcards support first, and maybe regex in a later version.