Updating from version 5 to version 6

I’ve been using Listary Pro since 2012. I just found out about that there’s a version 6 (clicking for updates on my version 5.00.2843 just assures me that I’m using the most recent version). So I’m considering updating the software. My questions are:

(1) Can I just install version 6 over version 5?

(2) Will installing version 6 over 5 preserve my existing menu structure (folders, etc.) from my current setup?

(3) If I don’t like version 6, is it easy to revert to version 5?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Backup your setting file Preferences.json in %APPDATA%\Listary, then you can safely find all the answers by yourself. One thing is for sure, V5 settings can be imported in V6.

Many features in V5 are still missing in V6, I don’t think it’s a good idea to upgrade. I’m using V6, and won’t go back to V5, because I’ve made too many new settings and they certainly can’t be imported back to V5.

1 Like

Thanks, @DiamondbacK, this is very helpful.

The last 6 months I have started to experience crashes more frequently with v5 since I updated Windows 10 to 21H2. Even just accessing the settings and then closing the dialog box will cause a crash. I’m not sure why but I plan on testing v6 even with missing features with the hope the crashes will cease. If not then I will go back before any major changes occur.