By what logic is this search result justified as the first result when there is a folder called ‘paperwork’? It’s also a ‘save’ dialog, so all the more reason for a folder to get precedence over a file.
Been trying to understand this for a while. Makes no sense to me.
I love Listary and if I could fix one thing, it would be this. I’m really frustrated by how it offers filenames where the search term doesn’t appear contiguously. When would that first file displayed in the screenshot ever be the one I’m looking for?
This is Listary’s fuzzy search feature, which allows you to find items using partial matches (e.g., searching “ppt” to find “PowerPoint”). In the future, we may add an option to manually disable this feature.
Take a look at this image. It’s fairly clear that fuzzy search negatively impacts what I am genuinely searching for. Also take a look at the third result. Listary doesn’t highlight the first 3 occurrences of the letters F, A and T even though they appear closer together earlier in the file name.
IMHO, first priority should be results starting with the letters FAT. Next should be results containing FAT e.g. “GodFATher” or “InFATuation”. Only lastly should it show me results like “FAciliTy”, etc. Even this should come before results like “Fish Are sTiinky” where the letters are spread across multiple words.
We’ve made several relevant changes since 2024, including substantial improvements to how history is stored and used. As a result, the examples in this thread may not fully reflect the behavior of current v7 builds.
I’m going to close this thread. If you encounter a similar ranking issue in the latest version, please feel free to start a new thread. Also, please send us a screenshot along with the result you expected. Concrete examples like these are very helpful for making targeted improvements.