Search result order

Hi

I have a following folder structure:

code\folder\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module1\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module2\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module3\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module4\scripts

When I search in listary for code\folder\scripts, all scripts folders are returned, but the order is completely wrong, so paths with longer names like the one in module1 or module4 are in front of the path I am looking for so the first one. Results look like this:

code\folder\node_modules\module1\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module2\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module3\scripts
code\folder\node_modules\module4\scripts
code\folder\scripts

Because of this I have to scroll a lot of folders before i can find the one I am looking for. Is there a way to make listary return the shorter path first?

Thanks

This will be completely addressed in the next version of Listary. Listary will be able to distinguish between user files (files you created) and generated files (e.g. files in node_modules, not useful in most cases) and give the former ones much higher priorities.

2 Likes

Thanks. Can I for now force listary to pick better match? So for example i have following structure:

code\project.super.project\scripts
code\project.super.project2\scripts
code\project.super.project3\scripts
code\scripts

so how would i make listary to return code\scripts as the best match not one of the others as it is right now?

Thanks

This is not possible in the current version. In the next version you’ll be able to specify folder priorities manually for folders that are important to you.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I don’t even talk about priority folders, but by default code\scripts should be better match to the path code\scripts than to the path code\project.super.project\scripts but listary displays worse match first before better match.

I have attached real life example of what I am talking about, look at below screen shot. I try to open folder D:\code\internal but I get complete garbage first on the list. I can’t even see the folder which I am looking for. And this is happening with all the results so it’s really difficult to open any folder :slight_smile:

Folder level will also be take into consideration in the new version.

1 Like