Search result menu to stay open after open file?

this is a bug? the search result menu closes everytime after i open a file from the result menu

how can we keep this menu stay open so we can continue to open several files without having to search again?

I also have this bug.

why is the search result window/menu automatically closes after each file is opened? why can’t the window stay open so we can choose to open multiple files? this is extremely annoying so please fix it.

each time I open a file I have to do the search again, if I need to search and open 8 files with similar name then I have to search 8 different times, instead of search once and open 8 files with single search.

1 Like

Not a bug apparently. But this design may change in the future by offering another option rather than “fixing” it. Originally, Listary was aim to be a launcher more than a file searcher. Currently, “Everything” is what you need for a file searcher.

we definitely need this feature to make it great

1 Like

and it does not justify that it is slow and much less efficient without this feature, it is given people will either open file or delete file or DO something with it after result is searched.

If I want to search 10 files and they all have similar names, each time I open a file after a search I’d need to retype that name 10 times. I don’t care how you wish to justify it, in the end it is poor to not have this included and make it a bad search function.

I often do repeated searches, and so I’d love this feature. I go into the action menu, find an old file, open it, then realize it is not the one I wanted. So I have to repeat the entire search–sometimes three or four times. Note, in my first search, I might scroll down a ways, and when I have to start over, I have to scroll down through all the same files again–over and over.

An alternative to keeping the window open would be to close it, but with the option to retain the previous search in memory, so that when you hit CTRL-CTRL, you’d see the previous search results, and the window would be scrolled down to exactly where you left off. Having it pick up where you left off would be very convenient. And if you wanted to start a new search, you could then just start typing into the search window, and a new search would start. So if you were searching for “financial”, that word would appear in the search box, and the old results would still be there, but the word would be highlighted, so if you started typing, the word would replaced by whatever you type. Users who didn’t like keeping the old search in memory could turn this feature off.

Also, you could include a “back to search results” button in the Action window, in case you get to the action window and realize, “Wait, I had the wrong term for the file I wanted.” You can’t correct this once you’re in the action window. You have to start all over.

Use Everything together with the Everything toolbar.
There is a search history and it starts with the last search.