Search engine keyword not working properly?

I’m just trying to set Duckduckgo as search engine with keyword ( dx for example) but it will not work. tried loads of combos. Any idea why? Other search like g for google works exactly as expected…
thanks

Can you show me the configuration you applied in Listary with duckduckgo?

I know it’s only a small thing…
Here’s a screenshot: Dropbox - listary screenshot 01.06.23.png - Simplify your life
I have tried different variations on the keyword and the URL, not having any success.
I should add, when I try google I type a ‘g’ and then a space and the name expands to read ‘Google’ and then I stick the search term in.
Hth
thanks

I see what the problem is. The keyword can be any abbreviation you put in and the keyword doesn’t affect anything. The problem is in the URL you have put, I see that it is incomplete. So replace what you have with:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q={query}&atb=v380-1&ia=web

And then, in Suggestion provider select Google, finally click on Ok

And don’t forget to add a custom image (optional). To do that click on the folder icon next to the balloon :globe_with_meridians: and select the image I will leave here.

Here is my configuration and how DuckDuckGo looks like in Listary.

image_11

ah…many thanks.
I did try different versions of the url.
all working now

btw, when I went to get the icon I got this:
“These files are unavailable
The sender left before finishing the upload. You will not be able to download the files. Ask the sender to re-upload the files to Wormhole.”

thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :wink:

btw, when I went to get the icon I got this:
“These files are unavailable
The sender left before finishing the upload. You will not be able to download the files. Ask the sender to re-upload the files to Wormhole.”

It’s weird, on my side I don’t see that message. Try again, and if you still have the same problem I’ll re-upload the file.

I’ve clicked on everything on that Wormhole page with no success : /
Same message as before. I’ve emptied out my cache etc.
When I check my download list it just hangs with a ? mark…
I’m sure I can get it together to make an icon for it
thanks for your help though.
I think this is one of the best utility apps out there so was trying to dive into a it a bit more deeply as it is capable of a lot more than I’m currently getting out of it…

It’s ok, no problem. As I said before, on my side I have no problem with the wormhole link. This time I uploaded it to Google Drive I think now you can download it.