Running app through Listary different from Start menu

Since the recent update (a few days ago), the Windows Terminal application runs differently when opening it through Listary than when using the Start menu shortcut.

By “runs differently” I mean it uses a different set of tabs and the tabs can’t be reordered when I run it through Listary. Also, when I right-click on the “Terminal” entry in Listary, it doesn’t open the Action menu. It is as if the “Terminal” shortcut in Listary is broken.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Does the Windows Terminal show “Administrator” when running from Listary? Also, have you tried restarting Listary?

What do you mean with “when I run it through Listary” ?
Searching for Terminal and excuting the result gives the same here as started from start menu.
It may also depend of the actual setting what tool should run as Terminal
at least for an actual Windows 11.

Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1344)
Listary Pro 6.0.11.38

Thanks for helping! FWIW: Listary 6.1.0.38, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1344.

Does the Windows Terminal show “Administrator” when running from Listary?

Yes, when I run PS or Cmd. (I mostly run Ubuntu shells, and they don’t show this.) This is different from when I run it through the Start menu; there it doesn’t run as Administrator. This seems to be different since the last Listary update; I never had this problem before.

Also, have you tried restarting Listary?

This is strange – I could have sworn that this behavior survived at least one reboot. But I restarted Listary just now, and it seems to work normally now. By that I mean that it now doesn’t start as Administrator when I run it through Listary, and the Terminal app seems to behave again identically, whether I run it through Listary or through the Start menu.

What’s still odd is that right-clicking on the “Terminal” entry in the Listary search doesn’t open the Action menu. But it shares this behavior with other apps (like Microsoft Store), even though some apps (like WinMerge) seem to work normally and the Action menu opens. Is this a feature of Store apps?

What do you mean with “when I run it through Listary” ?

1. Double-press Ctrl to open the Listary prompt.
  2. Type “terminal”.
  3. The “Terminal” application is the first option; hit “Enter” or “Ctrl-1”.

I think this is because Listary is launched as Administrator at boot. We have tried to fix this bug in v6.1.0.38, but it looks like it is not completely fixed.

No app I start from a Listary search is starting with admin rights.
They all start with Elevated “No” as shown in Task manager.
This is also true for starting Terminal after a Listary search.

Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1344)
Listary Pro 6.0.11.38

Just to remove any possible confusion, this is also how it works for me now (after restarting Listary).