Recommended way to work with Directory Opus Filter bar

Hello,
Directory Opus has a Filter Bar (to filter files) using * key.
With Listary * key pressed disable the Filter Bar.
Someone has a workaround to have Directory Opus Filter Bar and Listary working both?
Thanks

Hello gabrielizalo,
Thank you for the post. Is there any way to disable the item in DOPus? Iā€™ve heard itā€™s very configurable?

• doesnā€™t do anything on my listary but I use the app bar mostly and not the filter bar.

hopefully channing can help out better

Hello,

I donā€™t want to disable Filter Barā€¦ I want to enable.
DOpus Filter Bar appears pressing [*] key, but pressing that key appears Listary.

I want a workaorund soI cant use Filter bar but continuing using Listary inside DOpus.

Sorry. For not to be clear.

I had this problem too, Iā€™ll share my workaround, maybe youā€™ll find it intuitive as I do.

1. In DOpus, go to Preferences, File Displays, FAYT and Filter Bar Keys.
  2. Change Default mode (no activation key required) to Filter
  3. In Listary Settings, General, change Prefix to disable findā€¦ to ` (tilde key). I find this useful as I donā€™t have to press shift+8 fifty times per day.

Now in Dopus, just press ` to disable Listary, then type to use the filter bar. This is second nature to me now.

There are many ways to achieve this; the critical step is using the disable key in Listary

Yes, check Options - General - Prefix to disable FAYT. It should be helpful.

Hey Palladiosā€¦
Godlyyyā€¦ Thanksssā€¦ My default ā€œPrefix to disable findā€¦ā€ key is ā€œ!ā€.
IĀ“ll keep it.
It works perfecttt!!!
Thanks a lot of!!!

Thanks so much for this idea! It was driving me crazy within DOPUS. FWIW, I made a slight modification. As suggested, I changed the Disable prefix to ā€˜, but then I also changed the Filter Bar activation key to the same thing (ā€™) instead of *. In this way, I can just hit the ā€™ key twice in rapid succession, andā€¦voila! I have my Filter Bar. Much faster for me than hitting ā€™ and then shift to the asterisk key.

Love Listaryā€¦canā€™t imagine being without it.

1 Like