Please add feature allow user to set search result width?

as per subject, please add this feature, my job need to do lot of search on share folder and mostly the file is store at deep sub folders, as address is too long, it’s out of box, it would be nice that it can automatically adjust the ui width or it would allow user to manual adjust the UI width,
it’s very annoy as I can’t see where the file located, I have to open it by folder and it would require right click then click on folder, pls kindly add this feature ASAP.

Thank you very much, I have to say this is an awesome tools.

5 Likes

Hi,
I too want this feature.
the same reason why I need the feature.

When I use Listary to search for files in deep folder hierarchies,
the paths shown in the list of search results extend beyond the search results window.
It is sometimes difficult to distinguish which file you are looking for.

By the way,
As an alternative to adjusting the window size,
I would be satisfied with something like the following
For example.

• Option to display paths on multiple lines so that the entire path fits.
  • Option to add horizontal scrolling animation to the file path display area

Please support such a feature ASAP.

2 Likes

I need this feature too.

Listary 5 could be resized. I don’t remember how I did it, maybe with autohotkey’s window management. I always had the search bar at 1500px width. Also I had it almost at the top of my screen and the search results used the whole height of my screen. Very clearly and easy to see. I really don’t like how truncated the results are in Listary 6. I always have to scroll and look really hard into the little Listary 6 box… Not very adapted for power users.

Please please please get us these features! <3

1. Resizeable search boxes. Mainly the double controlclick search box
  2. Option to have the results use screen height and not get truncated into a small scroll box.

In the actual Listary version, the full results screen can already be maximized or enlarged
and saves this state.
You can even start the search with the Open File Search Windows
from the context menu of the tray icon.

Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.2861)
Listary Pro 6.3.0.63

I just updated to version 6.3.0.63. FANTASTIC work! :blush: Thanks!

Full results screen is useful, same as beeing able to start the search with the “Open File Search Windows” from the context menu of the tray icon, but Listary’s strenght, vs other similar softwares, is its double control click search box with its results: Listary 6 will be perfect with the option to customize the size of the results given by the double control click search box, like Listary 5.
Hoping this feature soon back, thanks in advance.

+1