Not indexing google file stream folders?

Hi,

It seems like Listary is not indexing the G drive of goolgle file stream. I added the G folder at the index tab of listary, clicked on ‘update now’ and tried to use listary on two computers today, also for files which are marked by filestream as beïng offline accesible, but up to now without result.

Is there a way to get this working?

Best,
Spruijt

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll test Listary with Google Drive.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks!

I have the same issue with Google drive not indexing even though it lists the g drive under the list of indexed drives and folders.

A great deal of the files I searched for are saved in Google drive so getting this to work is a very high priority for me, so thank you for looking into this.

1 Like

Hi Channing, any update here? as google drive is essentially my entire file tree, this makes listary useless for me. Please help or I will have to get a refund and eat the time wastage :confused: thanks.

@Channing
I have similar issues with Listary returning some results from my Google Drive’s G drive, and not finding others.
v6.0.10.33

These are my index options

Not sure why C doesn’t have the same options as G? Why can’t G be monitored in the same way that the C drive can be? I presume it’s for technical differences.

Anyway, if I search for folder: Scripting, which is in G:\My Drive\Work\Resources, it doesn’t show up in Listary. This folder is set to Offline Access.
However, if I search for folder: Scripts which is within G:\My Drive\Work\Resources\SCADA\Ignition, Listary finds it. This folder is also set to Offline Access from Google Drive’s options.

"Scripting" folder is not found in G:\My Drive

"Scripts" folder is found in G:\My Drive

PS. I renamed my “Folder” “File Search” “Filter” keyword from folder to just f

If I can get you any more info for debugging please let me know!

PS. Everything finds this

Update:
I just rebuilt the index for G:\My Drive and Scripting now appears in the results :confused: maybe this fixed it? let’s hope it remains fixed for the future!

Thanks for your feedback. We’re working on an update of the index to provide a smoother and more reliable experience.

1 Like