Listary 6 Beta 🎉

Re. Listary-equivalent app on Mac. The answer is spelled Launchbar. It is the only app worthy of a comparison to Listary. It’s the app I missed the most when moving to Windows. The overhyped Alfred app is by far inferior, main difference being that Launchbar searches are fuzzy and it allows for abbreviating your search results. It’s also very adept at learning what you’re searching for. I think I read that it uses an algorithm called frecency (sort of a mix between recent and frequent) that makes it more intelligent than other launchers.

1 Like

I am a HUGE Listary fan, and I want to believe, but I am very skeptical that these recent updates and posts are actually by Channing. I think it’s more likely someone else has taken over Channing’s account, which leaves me gun-shy to download any new updates at this point. Here’s my rationale:

1. Why are posts only being offered in Chinese, when Channing always participated in English on the discussion board as well?
  2. Why are there no recent posts related to this new v6 development on either of the official Twitter accounts associated with Listary?
    @ChanningDai
    @UseListary

No one would be more thrilled than me about a re-emergence of development on Listary by Channing…I sing this software’s praises every chance I get! But for now I’m taking a “wait and see” approach until there’s more evidence that this is legit.

@Channing, if you’re reading this, please provide us with more evidence that your identity has not been stolen. This could be done with posts to the two Twitter accounts, which likely have different security credentials.

Crossing my fingers and hoping this is for real!

3 Likes

Also the publisher/signing keys for the setup have changed which unfortunately adds to this suspicion.

1 Like

Channing’s response regarding this Status update and roadmap of Listary from Channing - #4 by mdonatas

1 Like

Heya @Channing, I just wanted to leave a nice message and say that I love the new features and seriously respect the amount of effort that went into re-writing the entire app. Listary 6 is good and thank you for continuously making it better!

4 Likes

I updated to version 6.0.11.34. It is working OK.
I’m not sure of the changes.

Edit: I found the thread for this release here.

Update 6.0.11.34 changelog (translated from here)

Listary 6.0.11.34 now supports full spelling!

The long-awaited full spelling feature is here, beta channel will automatically detect the update, other users can manually download the update here:
https://www.listary.com/download/beta/Listary.exe

Support for Quanpin* keyword search

Supports for Quanpin* fuzzy search

Mixing keywords and full spelling for Quanpin* is also supported

Welcome to our new friend Chaoses-Ib to join the Listary R&D team, the development speed of Listary will be on a new level.

*QuanPin is a simplified Chinese character input method for keyboards, which allows typing Chinese Pinyin characters by using up to six keystrokes

What about making release notes also in english.
Its a little cumbersome to use Google translate.

1 Like

Has anyone else found that the Listary popup menu is very intrusive since v6.0.11.35 Beta?
How do I tame it and make it like it used to be?

Listary Popup 01a

No change compared to previous versions.
For me its not intrusive at all.
Screenshot - 23.11.2022 , 10_23_58

1 Like

It could be related to web browsers.
I’ve tested this with Firefox, Chrome and Edge in Windows 11.

To reproduce. Right click on an image, and “Save image as”. The Listary popup (that I posted above) never leaves the screen, even after completing the save. You have to minimize the browser to make it disappear.

The above also applies for saving any download.

I tested with MS Edge and Firefox, no problems both behave correct.
The Listary Popup is removed after clicking the save button.

How do I set the default file manager in listary 6? At the moment folders open in Windows file explorer. Thanks

Which file manager do you want to use?

xyplorer, I want to open folders automatically there. Thanks

Screenshot 2022.47.07-22 • 12.47.57

═════════════════════════════
C:\Program Files (x86)\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe
“%1”
═════════════════════════════

1 Like

I haven’t been able to get this to work with 7zip properly. Have grown accustomed to the workaround of pulling up the main bar and copying and pasting the path I want into 7z but the small search integration has never come up.

From searching previous discussions it seems to do so automatically for some - I have added 7zfm.exe (and all other 7z exes in fact) to the Integration list and ticked the checkbox but no success. Any other ideas?

The 7zip dialogs are non standard, Listary and other similar tool can’t support it.

1 Like

Thanks

Fwiw the closest I have found was this AndyK post from some time ago

I must correct my last post.
In my current configuration the Listary search is attached to the 7z dialogs
and it works.

Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.900)
Listary Pro 6.0.11.35