Listary 6 Beta 🎉

Anyone know why its pinging some address all the time?
ec2-3-220-219-32.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Where did you find this article?

It was linked above by another member from a discussion on this forum in Chinese. But since my translation, he actually made a new post in English which is more accurate than my poorly translated version (it’s “A letter to listary users” by channing)

1 Like

I am curious, what do you use it for? Maybe there’s functions I don’t use. The file save dialogue is the one I use but it’s not Office specific.

Thanks for the headsup!

Here you go now
Those that have been using free version, you can support him
https://store.lizhi.io/site/products/id/58?cid=4w3pbqvj

It might not be Office specific today, but it doesn’t work with Office v.2003 (and Listary v.6).

With the new versions currently being released, do we have a changelog somewhere?

2 Likes

No, we have been kept in the dark for a while now

There is actually a short changelog for the recent versions in the original post (scroll to the top)

1 Like

There is also a “What’s new in this version?” section on the main website now

https://www.listary.com/download

→ Friendly bump

Would Office 2003 compatibility be very hard to accomplish?

By any chance will we see listary for mac?
I was using mac for a month and felt very suffocated without listary,
I was using ### Alfred But it doesn’t come close to listary. I switch back to windows just for listary.

PLEASE we need something for the mac, any plans?

2 Likes

A google-translation of Channing’s post made on 10th of September

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival everyone! Thank you for your continued attention~

The development of new engine functions has been basically completed. It is written in Rust and has significant improvements in function richness, performance, and memory compression.

At present, there is still a lot of work to be done in the integration with the existing version: on the one hand, the existing version is mainly written in C#, and it is cumbersome to communicate with the Rust engine, especially the memory and life cycle management should be very cautious; on the other hand, The newly introduced pinyin and fuzzy search sorting needs to be integrated with other search functions, and the related sorting rules are still being tried. On the whole, there is still a lot of physical work to do, and it is expected to be experienced in Listary 6 after the November holiday.

P.S. The good news is that a new reliable partner has officially joined, and gradually began to be responsible for R&D progress management and product function research and design, and the investment in Listary will be more and more guaranteed.

8 Likes

I am so eager to see what Channing will come up with after waiting so long in anticipation. I’m fairly sure it will be a fantastic experience with lots of features. Even the somewhat limited beta is far superior to any alternative I’ve been attempting to replace it with. Even though the development of this software was stopped (for a very long time, we believed it to be abandonedware), I have no regrets about paying for it. I find it incomprehensible why corporations and developers can’t create software like this but continue to create numerous useless tools like notepad and to-do lists.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. :grinning:

1 Like

The last version (6.0.10.28) broken the integration with File Explorer! The feature ‘Type directly to search’ don’t prioritize files on the current folder, but search for all files on PC! This worked on the previous version before the automatic update!

There will never be a Listary for Mac. I don’t mean to bash Listary, but Alfred is superior to every other file launcher on Earth. I don’t think you really understand the power of Alfred if you think Listary is superior.

‘touch’ and ‘mkdir’ are not working inside of Directory Opus

Bug in Listary 6.0.10.28
I’ve updated to 6.010.28 today and have encountered the same bug as Rafael_Dominiquini. When I try to search in a folder in Explorer it doesn’t search in that folder. Instead it does a global search. I’m running Windows 10 Home 21H1, OS Build 1904.2006 and Everything 1.4.1.10022(X64) and Version 1.5a (1.5.0.1321). I am really missing this great feature. Windows doesn’t seem right without it! I’ve restarted the computer and Listary several times with the same problem remaining.
I am a paid user and I’m so glad that the development of Listary has resumed. Keep up the great work.
If you don’t have the full version I highly recommend paying the small price for this amazing software.