Listary 6 Beta 🎉

• Do you plan to continue developing this application?
  • When is the next version planned for?
  • Is the beta version free? Also for commercial use?

Is there an alternative which can switch any open/save dialog to the path of the last/previous windows explorer path.

To elaborate, an example: When notepad running and you have a windows explorer folder open at “c:\test” d when you then save the current textfile in notepad then the save dialog switches it’s path to “c:\test”.
This is what listary did automatically and I am looking for a program that can do the same.

Listary is dead.

ueli is the most promising alternative. Portable version not good, but it’s clean lightweight and has plugins and easy to understand interface (unlike Listary)

Thanks for the info. Looks good to me. But the most important and irreplaceable feature of listary is integration with Explorer/Open dialogue/Total commander. For quick launch and commands, there are way too many alternatives. Even Microsoft itself has PowerToys Run.

Yes, I found one. Try DirectFolders (https://www.codesector.com/directfolders). It’s called ClickSwitch. Let me know if you find any others.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow ! thanks for ur answer !
all the best for your new job !

THANKS!

1 Like

Tell them, listary v6 has the answer of the pandemic.

2 Likes

Don’t you think we’ve spent too much time waiting for an update? Why not let Listary be the work of open source developers? I’m sure they would advance much faster.

Don’t be selfish and share the Listary code so that the Open Source community gives us updates more often! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Posted Apr 9

Listary extension development tutorial: https://github.com/378978764/listary-plugin-example

I’m an amateur developer and honestly, this guy is a genius, this software is so well thought and built! I have been using the beta version daily for more than a year and it’s a life saver. Some tiny features in there, like quickly retrieving the previously visited folder, it’s gold!

So far it does a good job on my machine with no crashes so I don’t have to complain. I hope windows update won’t make it obsolete somedays, cause I’d better not update windows than loose Listary lol.

With that said, I really hope @ICan can keep this project live in 2021 or make it open-source, there are many little things that could be improved, including extensions and more. Serisouly, Windows without Listary feels like garbage, this thing should be a must-have for every Windows machine.

5 Likes

am sending emails to Channing since last April 2020, and didn’t get a single reply.
isn’t there any other way to contact Channing !!!

any advise will Help

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware

FYI, @ICan is not the developer of Listary, he is just another user. The main and only developer of Listary is @Channing

I also hope he can continue to maintain Listary, but if he doesn’t have time to do it then the best he can do is to share the code, so the open source community can accelerate the development and updates that we have been waiting for over a year.

It is a pity that Alfred does not exist for Windows, but we have a better alternative, Listary.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I know that someone have tried make us happy and gave us hope about future developing Listary by @Channing. But I must tell You guys and girls that no one can develop Listary now and in the future. @Channing is dead, really dead and no one can bring him back, so there is no one who can give us the source of Listary and release it to open source. I login here to tell the truth, because I was on funeral of my dear friend - the best software developer in the word :frowning:

screenshot of his profile @channing

16 hours…really dead?

i sent him a message lets see if i have an answer

Maybe this will be useful for those who are looking for the Listary’s developer and want to contact him:

That’s all, I don’t have your home address or your phone number, sorry. :smile:

2 Likes

thanks for all…but dont put his email like that…not very nice for him !