Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2334)

I think Webroot is the villain here. It had set two listary executables as deny in application protection / identity shield

Please verify

Thanks for the information. Iā€™ll test it and report the false alarm once confirmed.

Iā€™m using Windows 10 build 10586.104 64-bit and have a problem with latest Listary beta in Open/Save dialogs. I canā€™t bring the menu using double mouse click not double CTRL tap. Only the set keyboard shortcut works. This happens in all programsā€¦

Try to uninstall, reboot, and then install Listary 5 again.

@Channing - In fact I did so, as I found this tip on the forums. However it only helps temporarily - meaning at some point Listary stops working as intended and behaves as described in my original post.

I havenā€™t spotted any particular circumstances that may cause that. It just lookspensive: that at some point Listary ā€œgets tiredā€ :wink: and stops recognizing open/save dialogs. As given in the other post - when I bring the Listary menu with the keyboard shortcut and click the folder link there, the Explorer window with this folder opens, instead open/save dialog folder changeā€¦ :frowning:

Do you have any security software installed?

@Channing - yes, I have Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed.
Do you think I should whitelist Listary in those security apps?

Yes, I suggest that you give it a try.

@Channing - OK, I did make the listary.exe and listaryservice.exe as trusted apps without any restrictions. It has helped only partially - most of the apps (like Office) has no problems with open/save dialogs, but the problem remains in Firefox (44.0.2 32-bit) - would you please be able to investigate that? Bad thing for me is that Firfox + Listary is a common tandem for me as I download a lot of files saved into different folders and Listary is a great help.

Please also add ListaryHelper64.exe, ListaryHookHelper32.exe, and ListaryHookHelper64.exe as trusted apps.

@Channing - Thank you! I did so, but Firefox still refuses to cooperate :frowning: Or itā€™s Listary that refuses to cooperate :slight_smile:

you can try to deactivate SSL-scanning in Kaspersky
http://mozhelp.dynvpn.de/guide/public/uploads/img/Kaspersky/Kaspersky-2016_https-Scanning_deaktivieren.gif

I am also having trouble in windows10, I remember windows 10 made one of his updates and listary started hooking correctly in explorer, then windows10 made another update and listary stopped hooking again.

The next few beta releases will focus on compatibility and stability.

Hello Changning, why I canā€™t set the Hotkey of showing Listary toolbar to ā€˜Alt + Spaceā€™ like the ā€œFARRā€ ?

Try to press Space then Alt.

It works, thanks.

@Channing - are there any upcoming betas to be released soon? Iā€™d love that!

Iā€™m still working on it~

@Channing

Been quite a while since the 5.00.2177 beta was launchedā€¦ Will we be seeing another beta with more new features soon? Particularly interested toggling between whole disk and single directory search, and plugin supportā€¦