Launch applications! Listary beta 4.20.1480

In win8, win+s is the shortcut for “search everywhere”

@baifengs

Win+G是Windows 8下的默认快捷键,Windows 7用Win+S就可以了。

@ligq

The default hotkey on Windows 8 is Win+G.

Channing,请问下一步的开发能考虑下结果排序吗?工作中(我记得Pro版本是可以用于商业的吧)我经常需要优先定位word和excel文件,现在是每次都输入“月末总结 xls”这种形式,能否让我自己指定优先显示某些扩展名的文件?
另外搜索结果中不同类型的文件(文件夹)是否能够,嗯,用不同的背景色加以区别?当然我知道Listary主要是以搜索定位为主,这些只是进一步帮我们快速从结果中找到想要的那个……

@Archicle

马上会支持自定义搜索。你可以定义一个关键字(可以短到只有一个字母,如d)来搜索全部的xls和doc文件,例如d 月末总结

Archicle said:
Channing,请问下一步的开发能考虑下结果排序吗?工作中(我记得Pro版本是可以用于商业的吧)我经常需要优先定位word和excel文件,现在是每次都输入“月末总结 xls”这种形式,能否让我自己指定优先显示某些扩展名的文件?
另外搜索结果中不同类型的文件(文件夹)是否能够,嗯,用不同的背景色加以区别?当然我知道Listary主要是以搜索定位为主,这些只是进一步帮我们快速从结果中找到想要的那个……

你可以试试:.xls gzzj 或 .ppt jdhb 或 .doc workReport

Channing said:
@raziel024
@tourmaline

Please give the new version (v1480) a try. Download links are listed on top of this
page.

I still would like to have a list for launching applications. (popup menu and a list in there for the applications you like to launch this way. And ofcourse a possibilty to add the applications manually to that list. This still would be much faster then searching for applications.

I like the fact that you changed the results for apps below the results for folders.

@tourmaline

You can create a folder containing shortcuts to the applications you like, and then add that folder to “Launch Apps” in Listary Options. I think this is easier than managing a list in Listary.

ok! Will try this out and report back.

It might be easier, but managing a list is more versatile.

Something like this:
http://members.ziggo.nl/hstadman/Foto’s/launch-apps.jpg

It makes more sense, it’s faster and you don’t have to search for applications. You can assign a hotkey to the program as well, wich is way faster then searching for a program. Granted in the beginning this is slower, you have to manually add the programs(could you make it drag & drop?) but in the end this will be always faster. Would be a nice idea if you actually could search that folder for a specific application and launch with enter.

With win+j search finds photoshop.exe before the shortcuts in a folder i made, so there really is no point in making a folder with shortcuts.

As a launcher I suggest prefixing search with &(?) and then only (say) shortcuts to exe’s would show up ?

Hi, nice to see the app launching feature, it is very useful.

One little problem:
In search filters I exclude c:\ because I just want Listary to search d:\ files (working files).

Because of this the launcher don´t find any app. If a remove c:\ from the search filter everything works as expected.

@eltioseba

The launcher feature is based on disk search, so you need to have these folders indexed.

search app的时候应该加一下文件类型过滤,因为启动程序一般就是想启动exe或是lnk的,现在比如我把c:\program file加到search app里,那下面的所有文件都会出现。关于这点可以参考一下launchy。

@gelitenight

当前版本中会搜索所有文件,但是exe和lnk总是排在最前面的。之所以没有直接过滤是因为考虑到一些其他类型的文件(如脚本之类)可能也有启动的需要。在以后版本中可能考虑增加一个相关选项。