Feature request: custom menu on all windows + custom icons

I created an with an executable that can do string manipulations on selected text.
I was able to use Listary as a way to interact with all my other text/coding-editors, using a self-made executable.
By pressing WIN+Z the toolbar pops-up and I can do text manipulation.

Example:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85973479/listarydiscussion/string_manipulation_example.wmv

This lead me to the following questions:

QUESTION 1

Is it possible to extend the functionality of Listary to something like this:
Example:

Other Examples from the above site mentioned site:

It doesn’t have to full blown like those examples in the links above.

But would it be possible to implement this with minimal changes / coding from your side?

All it has to do is:

• create a custom menu and assign menu items (commands or launch application with parameter).
  • be able to “attach” the custom menu to certain windows (notepad, MS word etc…)

I know that this is outside the listary scope at this moment, but I suspect you don’t have to make many changes to implement a minimal version?
(I could be very wrong here in my assumption, please forgive for that if that is the case.)

QUESTION 2

If question 1 is not possible, is it possible to have custom icons in the ‘toolbar’.
So it is easier to identify my own custom menu when it is placed right next to the ‘lightning’ icon.
(It may also be useful for other ‘custom commands’)

Thank you

I created an with an executable that can do string manipulations on selected text. I was able to use Listary as a way to interact with all my other text/coding-editors, using a self-made executable. By pressing WIN+Z the toolbar pops-up and I can do text manipulation.

This is really cool. I suggest you create a command (in Listary Options - Commands) instead of a menu entry so that you can execute it by typing a custom keyword like “upcase” instead of digging deep into the menus.

QUESTION 1

You mean window specific menu entries? This should not be hard to implement. However, I think it would be more convenient to create commands as described above or assign hotkeys to these menu entries.

QUESTION 2

This is on my to-do list. You’ll be able to use 16x16 PNG files as custom icons.

P.S. It seems that the anti-spam plugin deleted your previous post along with your account mistakenly. I’m really sorry about this.

yes, I had a feeling the anti-spam deleted my post and account, no harm done :slight_smile:
Thank you for the tip and consideration!

The custom icons was an old request of mine as well. I think it’s allready on the to do list for some time now.