Editing folder icons

I would like to see a feature like direct folders has, you can change the icons for the folders that you put in the favourites folder!

Would like to see a feature like that in Listary.

Something like this:

I also like the info panel of direct folders better, you see the info of the path.
Also, could there be a feature to put the panel on top of the “save as” panel?

The good thing about listary is that it’s being supported and still under development.

You can change folder icon by customizing folder appearance in it’s properties dialog. This makes folder appearance (it’s icons) consistent in all views, ie. both Explorer and Listary.
I don’t find info panel very useful but it’s only my opinion.

Yes, i’ve thought about that as well! But it would be nice to highlight some folders with other icons to have some contrast between folders so you can select them easier.

But as i know and as you rightfully commented, you can do that in explorer as well.

I like the larger info panel. I surely would like an option to be able to place the panel on top instead to the bottom of the panel!

Hello tourmaline,

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

I would like to see a feature like direct folders has, you can change the icons for the folders that you put in the favourites folder!
This has already been implemented in Listary 4. You can specify icon (in .ico or .png format) for a favorite folder/command/submenu. It's not as convenient as Direct Folder currently (it doesn't show the "Folder icon" list, you have to choose the icon via a open file dialog), but I'll definitely improve this in future versions.
Also, could there be a feature to put the panel on top of the "save as" panel?
This has also been implemented in Listary 4.
I also like the info panel of direct folders better, you see the info of the path.
I'll add this if I can find a good design.

Dear channing,

it a breeze of fresh air to meet someone that is dedicated to his software and tries to improve.

I stumbled across direct folders a week ago and purchased it. Only to find out a few days later there is non existant support and the product has not been updated for almost 2 years and is quite buggy in Windows 7!

Once listary 4 comes out, i’ll defenately move to your software. I want something future proof.

Thank you to take my suggestion onboard.

Tourmaline, Totally agree with you. I also fell into the Direct Folders trap, and then moved onto Chameleon Folder, and then to Listary. Its good to find a product being developed with a responsive owner. Nod.

hi channing, has this feature (specifying an icon for fav folders in the menu) been taken out? Latest pro version seems very sleek and minimalist, but either some features have gone or they are very hard to find. this is a case in point.