Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2334)

Yes. They will be added back as advanced options in a future version.

This is not a known issue. Please try to uninstall Listary 5, reboot, and then install it again.

ok Will try that and update…

I reinstalled and worked as usual for a while… but again started showing same issue.
But when “start as admin” is checked it works with no issues.
Guess there is a conflict?
I am on Windows 10 Insider Build 14251.
Webroot as security app.

Seems to be a conflict. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Yep… I also like to be able to browse a folder inside listary…

During “embedded mode” would you consider an option that did not search outside of the current folder? Personally, when I’m browsing inside a folder I’ve selected that folder on purpose, and it’s just confusing to get contents for other folders… I like the old idea of the “>” or other keyword to begin searching the rest of the tree while in embedded mode…

I think Webroot is the villain here. It had set two listary executables as deny in application protection / identity shield

Please verify

Thanks for the information. I’ll test it and report the false alarm once confirmed.

I’m using Windows 10 build 10586.104 64-bit and have a problem with latest Listary beta in Open/Save dialogs. I can’t bring the menu using double mouse click not double CTRL tap. Only the set keyboard shortcut works. This happens in all programs…

Try to uninstall, reboot, and then install Listary 5 again.

@Channing - In fact I did so, as I found this tip on the forums. However it only helps temporarily - meaning at some point Listary stops working as intended and behaves as described in my original post.

I haven’t spotted any particular circumstances that may cause that. It just lookspensive: that at some point Listary “gets tired” :wink: and stops recognizing open/save dialogs. As given in the other post - when I bring the Listary menu with the keyboard shortcut and click the folder link there, the Explorer window with this folder opens, instead open/save dialog folder change… :frowning:

Do you have any security software installed?

@Channing - yes, I have Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed.
Do you think I should whitelist Listary in those security apps?

Yes, I suggest that you give it a try.

@Channing - OK, I did make the listary.exe and listaryservice.exe as trusted apps without any restrictions. It has helped only partially - most of the apps (like Office) has no problems with open/save dialogs, but the problem remains in Firefox (44.0.2 32-bit) - would you please be able to investigate that? Bad thing for me is that Firfox + Listary is a common tandem for me as I download a lot of files saved into different folders and Listary is a great help.

Please also add ListaryHelper64.exe, ListaryHookHelper32.exe, and ListaryHookHelper64.exe as trusted apps.

@Channing - Thank you! I did so, but Firefox still refuses to cooperate :frowning: Or it’s Listary that refuses to cooperate :slight_smile:

you can try to deactivate SSL-scanning in Kaspersky
http://mozhelp.dynvpn.de/guide/public/uploads/img/Kaspersky/Kaspersky-2016_https-Scanning_deaktivieren.gif

I am also having trouble in windows10, I remember windows 10 made one of his updates and listary started hooking correctly in explorer, then windows10 made another update and listary stopped hooking again.