Please No!

I was very glad to find such a nice app. after all similar projects on the net died for some reason, but, fast enough, I was very disappointing, it doesn’t index external drives?! normal people store their important info on external drives!

when i input external drive letter followed with space and something to search, it looks only at the top level :frowning: even after leaving PC ideal for an hour, otherwise, it’s never shows anything from external drive.

Is there a way to fix this or it was done intentionally?

Also i would like to know where Listary saves it’s database? because i have enormous amount of files and insufficient storage, so i can free some space for it.

Finally, I would like to know (if possible) if Listary using some open source searching library, or it was built from scratch?

Is there a way to fix this or it was done intentionally?

Currently Listary only supports fixed drives in NTFS format. It’s possible to add support for external NTFS drives. But if you’re using other file systems (e.g. FAT32), you’re out of luck :frowning:

Also i would like to know where Listary saves it’s database? because i have enormous amount of files and insufficient storage, so i can free some space for it.

Check this link to find UserData folder first. The index is DiskSearch.db. You really don’t need to worry about this. The file size is ~10MB.

Finally, I would like to know (if possible) if Listary using some open source searching library, or it was built from scratch?

It’s built from scratch.

Thx for replaying.

My external drive is FAT :frowning: , anyway you said “it’s possible”, you mean in future versions? (may you please specify if that will be in nearest version?) I may consider converting it into NTFS it this already supported.

I mean it’s technically possible to implement support for external NTFS drives, unfortunately it’s not on the plan yet :frowning: