More hotkey features request

I would like to use Ctrl-n,Ctrl-p,Ctrl-f,Ctrl-b,etc. to navigate the search results. Just like the emacs’ style. Can you add it as a option or what? I think it must be fun and cool, and less hand moving.

Meanwhile, I would like the hotkey mode actived by default. I also hope the developer can add the feature that allow user open urls in listary directly. Like the alfredapp in Mac OS. Press alt key and enter, means search what you typed by google. Press ctrl and enter, means open the directory that owned the select item.

Last, I really hate the action trigger key right-arrow. It’s far away from my hand. If possible, can you set it as user defined? Personally, I would like to use ctrl key to trigger action menu.

I would like to use Ctrl-n,Ctrl-p,Ctrl-f,Ctrl-b,etc. to navigate the search results. Just like the emacs’ style. Can you add it as a option or what? I think it must be fun and cool, and less hand moving.

This is already on my to-do list. As a Vim user, I implemented hotkey mode first.

Meanwhile, I would like the hotkey mode actived by default.

Unfortunately the users will not be able to type search terms then… I think pressing Ctrl once is good enough in most cases.

I also hope the developer can add the feature that allow user open urls in listary directly. Like the alfredapp in Mac OS. Press alt key and enter, means search what you typed by google. Press ctrl and enter, means open the directory that owned the select item.

Maybe in future versions. Currently Listary focuses on file browsing and searching.

Last, I really hate the action trigger key right-arrow. It’s far away from my hand. If possible, can you set it as user defined? Personally, I would like to use ctrl key to trigger action menu.

Sure. The key will be configurable.

Thanks for reply. Can’t wait for the new version.

Unfortunately the users will not be able to type search terms then… I think pressing Ctrl once is good enough in most cases.

Use combo key method might be a better way. As I said above, use Ctrl-n,Ctrl-p,Ctrl-f,Ctrl-b to navigate the result, and press enter to trigger the default action. Use Ctrl-(0-9) to select items and trigger default action directly. Select item and press Alt, will trigger the action menu. Or Alt-(0-9) to select items and trigger action menu directly.

Another advise is that use same hotkey which calls listary to disapear it instead of ESC.

+1 on customizing action trigger key. I keep forgetting it’s right arrow, keep trying to use tab :slight_smile: