List order

I don’t get the way Listary sort items in list. Look at the screen I attached. After typing “mic” I would suppose Listary to select first file starting with “mic” (like windows explorer would originally do) and display a list of items sorted by name - first files whose names start with “mic”, then other files containing “mic”. And this is not what Listary do. Maybe it makes sense but for now it looks like a bug to me.

The same issue occurs in other applications (not file managers) too.

@daroc
This bug has been fixed in the latest version. Please give it a try here.

Much better now. Thank you very much.

Bad news. It seems that now neither “quick switch” nor ctrl+g (or clicking “switch to last folder” in menu) works in open/save-as dialogs.

Just tested it on three machines, all worked great. I didn’t change anything related to this feature. Could you please try it in another file dialog?

I forgot to mention that I used Directory Opus. When using Explorer everything is fine.

Please note that folder opened in DOpus is displayed in “currently opened folders” and clicking it redirects to apt folder, but ctrl+g nor quick switch doesn’t work.

@daroc

Thanks for the information. It has been fixed now.
http://www.listary.com/download/Listary.exe

Bad news. It seems that now neither "quick switch" nor ctrl+g (or clicking "switch to last folder" in menu) works in open/save-as dialogs.
It seems that again Listary doesn't work with Directory Opus. Same problem as described above. Using Listary 3.51.776

Ok, I know what I did wrong.
I chose “disable Listary for this application” (for DOpus) because I wanted to get rid of Listary find-as-you-type as it doesn’t work as supposed and DOpus has it’s own find-as-you-type bar.
Is it possible to disable this Listary find-as-you-type dialog/bar while leaving quick switch turned on?

Is it possible to disable this Listary find-as-you-type dialog/bar while leaving quick switch turned on?
Sorry that this is not supported currently. I may add an option for it in future versions.

Just curious, the bar is not triggered automatically in DOpus (you need to press the hot key), why would you want to disable it…

Honestly… I don’t remember. :slight_smile: For some reason I just keep in mind that it’s better for me to disable it for DOpus. Maybe you shouldn’t bother.

I just found out why.
If you go to Directory Opus “File Types” dialog:

• without Listary you can type “rar” to jump directly to rar extension
  • with Listary find-as-you-type dialog appears at the bottom and no results are found

Hello daroc,

I’ve decided to add the ability to disable Listary for a particular window type (not the whole application) in version 4. It should fix this issue.