Incompatible with Chrome?

I use Listary on Windows 10 with Chrome as my preferred Web Browser.
Recently I’ve been having problems with Chrome using very high amounts of CPU.
After a recent crash, Chrome told me that Listary v5 can prevent Chrome from working properly.
Is anyone aware of this? Is there a fix please?
Bob W

1 Like

The warning from Chrome is very inaccurate and misleading. Whenever Chrome crashes for whatever reasons, it shows that warning which lists all the apps interacting with it, even though they are not the cause of the crash.

You can do a simple test. Just run Chrome, kill it using Task Manager, and then you’ll get the warning message again. In this case, the crash is caused by killing the process, but Chrome still lists Listary along with all other apps that need to interact with it.

I’ll update Listary to remove the warning (in most cases). It won’t stop the crash though because it’s not caused by Listary.

Thanks very much. That makes a lot of sense. Sorry for late reply. Bob

It seems that Chrome has removed this “feature” in version 68. You should not see this message again.

Channing!? is it posiible to be my problem too? some automatic updates to chrome canary? It started to happen for me too, about 1-2 weeks ago.

listary won’t work with Chrome save as dialog.

i have now verision 70 of chrome canary, on win 7 pro, x64

i tried to clear the cache in listary but no improvement.

Thank you!

1 Like

Listary still works with Chrome Version 70.0.3510.2 in my tests.

1. Make sure Chrome is not running as admin.
  2. Sometimes Listary search bar may go behind the Chrome window. Move the file dialog around to see if this is a case.