Favorites configuration non saved

With the current Listary version my new created favorites aren’t saved in the configuration file. So after a restart I find again the default configuration. Both reproducible on XPSP3 and W7

@goddert

Sorry for any inconvenience. This is a bug for new installation in version 3.51.752 and has been fixed in version 3.51.753. Please download the latest version here and let me know if it works.

Thanks for your fast answer. I will test it later and report.

All my favorites are gone too! (more than 30), if I update I lost my GATD license too :(, how you can put an app on sell with a so big bug like this?, where a buyer is being a software tester too, God bless you, bye

@JesusInsideMe

Sorry for your data loss, but it seems impossible to me. This was a minor bug only for new installations that newly added favorite folders may not be saved sometimes, and it had been fixed within 24 hours. Listary will never delete your existing favorites.

Also, you can find this terms and conditions on every GAOTD page:

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations: 1) No free technical support; 2) No free upgrades to future versions; 3) Strictly personal usage.

Anyway, I’m going to help with your problem. Please tell me the detailed steps of how you updated Listary including:

1. The page or download link you used to get the new version. Is it the installer version (Listary.exe) or the portable version (ListaryPortable.zip)?
  2. Your operating system version.
  3. The new version number of Listary. You can find it in Options > About.
  4. (The previous version number. I assume it would be 3.23 which you got from GAOTD)

Hi, thanks so much for your deference.

1. Listary.exe downloaded from our website
  2. W7 Ultimate 64b
  3. 3.51.758
  4. 3.50, (I leaved the GAOTD version, I decided test your latest version at that time)
    Thanks for make ur app better, God bless u, bye.

Hello,

Your configuration file is C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Listary\Config.xml. If you open it (using your browser or any text editor) and find the Favorite section, is your lost favorites still there?

Hi, Dear Channing,Thanks for your great app! It really helps me a lots. But I run into the same trouble too.
Here is my usage infos:

1. xp sp3
  2. Listary 3.51.776
  3. totally new installation ,not update from any old version
  4. checked the config.xml, no favorite data be save into the file besides the default favorite data

Hope for your help, 'cause I really love this fantastic app!

Hello CaptainKoo,

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. This seems to be a rare race condition on system shutdown (Windows forces Listary to quit while it’s writing all data to disk). I’ve changed the mechanism here and it should not happen again in Listary 4 (which will be released within this month).

Great! I’m very pleased to hear the news, Thank you Channing :slight_smile: