A new beta version (4.00.1104) is available - Everything support is back!

How can I exclude all the files and folders who start with a dot? I’m using the build-in disk search feature.

@raziel024

Create an exclude filter (the second button) .*

Hi Channing,

Great update.

I have a feature request and a feature request reminder :slight_smile:

1. It would be great if you could add a switch for drive search on and off right at the search results, next to the 3 buttons that appear below (favorites, recent and menu).

2. Reminder about integration with FileCenter.

Thank you!

Andrei

@MincovLaw

It would be great if you could add a switch for drive search on and off right at the search results, next to the 3 buttons that appear below (favorites, recent and menu).

Could you please tell me some reasons you want to do this? All the disk search results are shown in the bottom Path section, you can ignore them “visually” easily.

Reminder about integration with FileCenter.

I’m still working on this one. It’s more complicated than I thought.

Sometimes I prefer a cleaner dialog with less distractions. Only if I can’t find something on the top level would I care to see beyond what is already available. I would be OK making one extra click to do that.

Alternatively, you could do just that - add an option so that drive search would be hidden unless activated on every search. I would probably go with that option.

As for Filecenter, thanks for the update. I’m sure you will conquer the sucker. I understand the potential difficulty for running a drive search on it, because it operates on phantoms of folders, but really all that I need is a way to search through the folder that is already visible.

Lucion is stubborn in not allowing that functionality other than through a full-blown file search which makes absolutely no sense, given that the universe of files is already in an array, and really it should not be all that difficult.

I’ve been begging them about this for over a year, with no result. You are my only hope.

Thanks!

Hello, I have couple questions regarding this beta: When I am on a file save operation, like save image from firefox, the listary’s toolbar is visible, I press the keyboard shortcut, the listary toolbar gets the focus but a small window pops up displaying: (empty)
Its not a big deal to press Esc, but I wonder why this happens.

Also for the recent folders, can I assign a keyboard shortcut? And if its possible the main keyboard shortcut “Show Listary Toolbar” to toggle the toolbar (so when its visible the shortcut to hide it and when its not visible to activate it). Finally how it is possible to assign as a keyboard shortcut the Alt+Space?

Thanks!

@MincovLaw

You can go to Listary Options - Search, and uncheck the “Search subfolders automatically” setting.

When you do need to search some files that are deep inside a folder, add a leading >, like >file.txt

@miked

Hello, I have couple questions regarding this beta: When I am on a file save operation, like save image from firefox, the listary’s toolbar is visible, I press the keyboard shortcut, the listary toolbar gets the focus but a small window pops up displaying: (empty) Its not a big deal to press Esc, but I wonder why this happens.

Thank you very much for reporting this bug. I’ll fix it in the next version.

Also for the recent folders, can I assign a keyboard shortcut?

Screenshot

1. Go to Listary Options - Menus.
  2. Select the Toolbar menu (in the top drop-down box).
  3. Select Recent (in the list below).
  4. Set the hotkey and click OK.

And if its possible the main keyboard shortcut “Show Listary Toolbar” to toggle the toolbar (so when its visible the shortcut to hide it and when its not visible to activate it).

The main keyboard shortcut is already taken by a new feature that allows you to detach/attach Listary from current window. For example if you’re on a file dialog, by default Listary opens paths in that dialog, you can press the hotkey to detach Listary from it, and then Listary will open the path in your file manager. However I screwed it up a little and it caused the first bug…

Finally how it is possible to assign as a keyboard shortcut the Alt+Space?

Alt + Space is reversed by the system.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Hi, I have facing some problems when Listary lose focus but still visible, sometimes is very annoying, maybe if you add an option that hide the toolbar when Listary lose focus or when an item is clicked (sometimes Listary remains after clicked an item, most of the times on select folders dialogs).
Also I noticed that in the v1104, after update Photoshop CS6 (I don’t know if this happens on other Adobe apps) when you select a file via Listary it doesn’t select in Photoshop, you have to selected the old way.

@raziel024

Hi, I have facing some problems when Listary lose focus but still visible, sometimes is very annoying, maybe if you add an option that hide the toolbar when Listary lose focus or when an item is clicked (sometimes Listary remains after clicked an item, most of the times on select folders dialogs).

Could you please provide the detailed steps to reproduce these bugs?

Also I noticed that in the v1104, after update Photoshop CS6 (I don’t know if this happens on other Adobe apps) when you select a file via Listary it doesn’t select in Photoshop, you have to selected the old way.

Thanks for reporting. I’ll check this.

Hi, working well except when jumping to folders below the current level in Xplorer2. Windows Explorer works correctly jumping straight to a folder several levels below the current, but within Xplorer2 it just opens the currently selected folder in the Xplorer2 window and not the path selected in Listary. I also tried using the right arrow, Action: Open Folder and same result. It successfully opens Xplorer2 window on the correct folder if I select a favorite folder (I have path: “C:\Program Files\zabkat\xplorer2_ult\xplorer2_64.exe” and parameter: /T /1 “%1” under Integration in Listary options).
The path Listary is seeing is correct, I tried copy path to clipboard, then pasted back into Xplorer2 address bar and it worked.
This is a new feature now you have Everything/Listary search disk support, so regardless of if you can fix it I am off to buy the pro version (but will keep using the beta until a V4 pro comes out).
Cheers

@Dougal

Thank you very much for reporting the bug. It’ll be fixed in the next beta release.

@Channing

Can you try to fix the listbar position problems with the next update, too?
E.g. : Dual monitor setup. Listary’s listbox comes up on the right monitor (nr. 2) instead of the main one (nr. 1, left) when using the shortcut while the desktop is active.

Thanks Channing, wasn’t sure if a bug or just not supported. Let me know if you need any other info.
Is the by application history not working? In V3 I used to have global and current app separated under recent. Now I just get a single set of files and folders, and doesn’t seem to always keep the application history. I have “Track recent files and folders” checked under “By Application” for those listed, although I can’t add any more, only delete (no + button).
Cheers

@raziel024

I updated my Photoshop to CS6 (13.0.1), and Listary works well. I guess you’re using the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop which offers an exclusive 13.1.1 update. I’m sorry that I don’t have Creative Cloud account and can’t do further tests.

@Dougal

Both issues (xplorer2 and recent documents) have been fixed in version 4.00.1112.

@highend

Implemented in 4.00.1112.

@miked

Fixed in 4.00.1112.

Thanks for the quick fix.