Using Listary w/ Cygwin

Is there a way to use cygwin with w/ Listary such that if I type a keyword like:

cygwin keyword

Whatever directory the folder of whatever file I select that matches keyword is automatically cd’d to?

This should be possible.

1. Check the command line options of Cygwin.
  2. There is a Git Bash custom action in Listary Options - Actions which is a good start point.

Thanks for the pointer.

This took a while, but this is what I setup:

Hot key: none
Keyword: none
Name: Open with Cygwin
Path: C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe
Parameter: -lc ‘cd “cygpath "{action_path:parent}"”; bash’

I use xhere as the name of keyword to launch bash in current directory.
If you use mintty. try below

For Options -> Keywords -> Custom

Keyword:        xhere
Display title:  xhere
Path:     C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe
Paramter: -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -p 75,200 -s 98,60 -o Font=Consolas -o FontHeight=13 -e /bin/xhere /bin/bash

-p specify location in pixel, -s size in character
/bin/xhere’s first arg is program to execute, second argument is starting directory (optional).

For Options -> Actions

Keyword:        xhere
Name:           xhere
Path:     C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe
Paramter: -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -p 75,200 -s 98,60 -o Font=Consolas -o FontHeight=13 -e /bin/xhere /bin/bash "{action_path:parent}"

The second one satisfy you requirement. The workflow is invoke listary -> type string pattern -> Ctrl-o -> type “xh” then type Enter. Done.

The first one works flawless in find as type mode (instead of launch app mode), just type “xhere” then press enter when you are in Explorer.

Why use xhere,

Summary:

• no registry editing, or creation of bat or lnk file.
  • install chere package of cygwin.
1 Like

Hi @qeatzy, I gave this a shot but didn’t have any luck with either of them.

In both cases, my terminal opens and takes me to the home directory, not the parent directory of the file I want to.