Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2334)

There will be an option for this.

I think fuzzy matching is not very necessary here because you can always directly set the keyword to the abbreviation youā€™d like to use.

You need to uncheck ā€œHide protectedā€¦ā€.

I think fuzzy matching is not very necessary here because you can always directly set the keyword to the abbreviation youā€™d like to use.

I understand. What I mean to describe is that this would make perfect sense if you always could remember the exact syntax of the keyword. However, if you used listary to manage a large number of shortcuts, web urls, etc then having the ability to allow fuzzy matching on a keyword would be significant. Maybe make this an option on a per command or overall for a user.

For example.
If I typed gmail it would pull up Gmail - Inbox
But if I forgot that I had typed ā€œinboxā€ then typing gmail wouldnā€™t work, and Iā€™d have to remember the exact shortcut. This could be really frustrating if Listary was used as the main shortcut repository etc.

Iā€™m not finding the new build if you had released, and Iā€™m getting a few crashes during the day. Is the beta supposed to autoupdate? Iā€™m still on .2134

Is the support for generic file browsing windows removed?
I used to just type the partial name of a file in TeamViewerā€™s File Transfer window (both local and remote), and Listary v4 would automatically slect the file, not anymore with v5.

This is a very important feature, and Iā€™d hate to choose between this and all the new ones in v5.

Super update!

I have a feature request. Can you bring in Command Prompt style ā€˜previousā€™ or ā€˜nextā€™ history scrolling using the ā€˜upā€™ or ā€˜downā€™ keys? I mean, if I press up or down keys in Listary search box, it should display the previous search query or the next. This is of immense help, if you are searching multiple times, in search of a specific file/folder.
Note: I know this conflicts with the search result navigation of up & down. So it can either be an option to users to use Ctrl+P or N for navigation instead, while using up & down keys for history navigation. Alternatively, it can be given to Ctrl+Up & Ctrl+Down key combinations.

One more feature request:
I have a touch screen & hence realized that I cannot launch Listary search box using TOUCH!
I tried adding an entry into the Left Click menu as a custom entry, but there is no option to add like ā€˜launch Listaryā€™.
Suggestion: Can you provide an option to launch the search box on DOUBLE CLICK on the tray icon?

And also ensure if it was a touch event that opened the search box, open the touch keyboard as well, so that the sequence becomes like this:
Double click the tray icon --> search box comes in focus with cursor placed in it --> touch keyboard opens, so that I can start typing in it!!

I think even otherwise, Listary lacks touch support. For example, touching on the icon shows the left click menu, but clicking on the ā€˜Optionsā€™ entry, doesnt do anything! I think touch event & click event is not being considered equally. Can you please look into this as well?

And once again, thank you for a feature-rich update !!!

Iā€™m sorry - the above issue is mostly gone after a reboot. It just sometimes takes an extra Enter to run the found file, nothing that is really a problem anymore. Thanks

I get it. There has to be a prefix to trigger this feature (fuzzy matching by name instead of using keywords) otherwise these results will be annoying sometimes.

2134 is the latest version for now.

Yes, there will be a search history list.

Using Up & Down is fine because this feature will only be activated when the search box is empty.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add a command line option like -start_search to Listary so that you can pin Listary to your taskbar and touch it directly to start searching.

1 Like

Is anyone having the toolbar randomly popup and not go away until you focus on it and escape to close it?

1 Like

alias keyword matching bug

If I type:

keyword:?

as the keyword for searching something like a google search, I have to put a space after the matched keyword for it to work.

Maybe consider offering some regex support or at least supporting space not required for keyword?

So I could type

?test123 c#

and google

test123 c#

Sorry if I missed it, if the question was already addressed; but, any plans to extend the theme colors to the popup menuā€™s, to match the rest of the theme?

Feature request:

Iā€™d like to have a Menu of ā€œfiltersā€ in my Favorites, for quickly showing only files of whatever type. For example, I have an ā€œOpen Fileā€ dialog open in Photoshop, I click my Favorites menu item that I setup to do a ā€œ*.jpgā€, then have Listary enter just *.jpg, so I can just hit the enter button to quickly show only .jpg images in the Open File dialog. (Same as if you manually typed *.jpg on the line and hit Enter). Itā€™d be even cooler to have Listary automatically include an Enter button press after entering the *.jpg on the line, but Iā€™d be happy enough just being able to have Listary fill the *.jpg on the line for me.

Example:

Itā€™d save me a LOT of typing throughout my daily workflow, being able to setup a bunch of various file type shortcuts. (*.txt, *.png, *.php, etc.).

As of right now, when I click it, all kinds of weirdness happens. :grin:

Maybe Iā€™m just entering it wrong, but itā€™s possible? Hereā€™s how I have it entered (Iā€™ve also tried putting quotes around the *.jpg in the Path line, but no-go):

Iā€™ll consider it.

This one is on the plan (with a lower priority though).

A very creative way of using Favorite Document! Iā€™ll check why it doesnā€™t work.

1 Like