Listary 5 Beta (5.00.2334)

1 - I’d suggest a trello board for this beta testing. This huge conversation chain is really difficult to sort through. Trello will let you have “votes” on cards as people “agree” on an issue and keep separate dialogue.
2- Any possibility to create a beta update channel so the “check for updates” will automatically allow us to update our install without the manual install being done each time? Not sure how this is built, but it would be nice.

I love the tool, but it’s really hard to finish a blog review recommending with the communication being so difficult at time to sort through and figure out what’s going on with suggestions/fixes.

You have a great product and brilliant ideas, so I’m just throwing this out there as a big fan. Just think better tool like Trello with more communication to Beta testers might benefit the improvements underway. Keep up the great work!

A good example of the benefits of this are in the ghost roadmap for example.

thanks Channing

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

1. I’ll work on that.
  2. Currently the major problem is that a reboot is required most of the time when you update Listary, which will make auto-update far less useful. Once this problem has been resolved, auto-update will be available to both beta testers and general users.

@Channing Is this implemented? It doesnt seem to work for me!

Not yet, but it’s coming.

Hello Channing,
Some time ago I asked for a feature to enable a custom browser for ABC keyword entries.
Just installed 2581 and I can’t see such a feature.
Do you eventually plan to implement it, or has this fallen off the plate?
Thanks
Dan

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no plan to add this feature due to the low usage rate. You can add the browsers as custom commands and URLs as parameters. It’s a little complex but you should get what you need.

Running portable edition now, and having issue with passing of the file path to XYPlorer portable. I’ve used quotes, but no success. Any ideas?

I ran debug output in my log viewer and it showed one message during the click event.

2/2/2017 2:27:40 PM 30432 
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
avcore\npsm\localprovider\baseprovider\lib\baseprovider.cpp(604)\NPSMDesktopProvider.dll!00007FFC07372140: (caller: 00007FFC073726E5) 
ReturnHr(376) tid(7bf0) 80070490 Element not found.

Do you have issue using Listary inside or outside of XYplorer? Can you paste your Default File Manager setting here?