Don't consider accents

I really love Listary, but it would be better yet for me if I could search accented letters like they wasn’t accented. Example: I have a folder named Gráficos and if I search for gra it would match. Thank you!

Hello Diogo,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I’ve just added this feature, give it a try!
http://www.listary.com/download/ListaryBeta.exe

Please let me know if it works as expected.

Good news! It’s been one of the things I wanted added some time back. At least in my case, it’s not perfect. The Find-as-you-type feature misses this folder:
Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
When I search for “ros”

I hope that’s enough info to recreate the issue and, hopefully, fix it.

Edit: Should’ve added the technical details.
I’m running Listary v3.50.727 on an XP SP3 box. The folder I’m browsing is located on my NAS box. I’m using SMB/CIFS/SAMBA to access that folder.

@smurf781

Finally done! Please give it a try: http://www.listary.com/download/ListaryBeta.exe

Please don’t hesitate to post here if you find more cases that Listary cannot handle correctly!

The new 738 build fixed the issue nicely.
As always, thank you!

Hi, actually I am still having the same issue in Greek language…

Hi, can you provide a few examples for testing? Please include the file name (with accents) and your search query (without accents).

Hi and thank you for the prompt reply!

for example the words
επιτροπή / επιτροπη / ΕΠΙΤΡΟΠΗ
αύριο / αυριο / ΑΥΡΙΟ

should produce the same results. I know for sure that the program “everything” (voidtools) gets it right.

I will upload some pics

VS.

Thank you for the information. I know little about Greek, so I have to do some research before deciding when and how to add this feature.

The idea is when you search for a word that has let’s say the letter “ι” to search also for ί / ϊ / ΐ and vice versa.

a similar discussion about the matter elsewhere
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-in-searching-with-greek-accented-character

again thank you!

Hi @Channing do you have any news on this bug/issue?

To add this feature, I need a complete list of Greek letter to English letter mappings. Do you know where I can find it?

Hello. I am not sure if I understood exactly what is needed but I found this, this and this. In any case if you show me what you are asking for a another language I might be able to reproduce it for Greek. Thanks again and congratulations for your great software.

Thank you for the information.

I think I’ve just found a perfect solution. It’s a little complex so I’ll implement it in the next major update.

Thank you for all the efforts. Looking forward!

Hi @Channing any news on this issue?

Already started working on a new major version. This feature will be shipped with it. Thanks for your patience.

If you need Polish special characters then those are:

• ą - a
  • ś - s
  • ć - c
  • ź - z
  • ż - z
  • ó - o
  • ł - l
  • ń - n
  • ę - e

Thanks for the information. I’ve found a way to convert the letters automatically. It should also support Polish.